(the kinda-super-secret, definitely-NOT-for-asshats subscription membership)
For BeastyBoss Independent Voice-Related Business Owners
(yup, like teachers)
Come closer – you’ll need the password if you want to come in…
About that password thing.
Like the speakeasies of old, The SpeakEasy Cooperative is only for people who know the password.
But the password that will open up The SpeakEasy Cooperative doors isn’t a word, per se.
It’s an attitude: BeastyBoss. Not all humans have it… but if you’re here, there’s a 97.32% chance you do.
Take the quiz RIGHT NOW and find out if you’ve got the right stuff for The SpeakEasy Cooperative.
Bootleggers and Moonshiners, come on in.
The SpeakEasy Cooperative is a safe space where you can ask questions and express opinions – without having to defend your expertise, skills, or techniques.
The SpeakEasy Cooperative works so well because you get to do two things at once:
Grow even more fabulous. + Be recognized for how fabulous you are RIGHT NOW.
So, pull up a stool. These are just some of the fabulous conversations we have on tap here at The SpeakEasy Cooperative.
Vocal Pedagogy, Science + Anatomy
(The teaching part)
- How to keep up with the rapidly evolving nature of voice pedagogy, science, and anatomy
- Pros and cons of the open studio model / students growing and learning from a village, not a guru
- Breathing (Yes, it IS possible to discuss this in a friendly and helpful way! SECO proves it)
- Practical pedagogy and training from fellow experts around the world
- Questions like, “What is an SOVT?” without judgment or fear
Business Nuts, Bolts, and Brass Tacks
(The business part)
- Growing your business (YES you run a business and NO you can’t pretend you don’t)
- Charging what you must based on data and your offers’ value with CONFIDENCE and without apologizing or explaining yourself to other people
- How to craft policies, stick to them, and not lose your mind or your reputation
- Techniques for marketing your business without feeling like a used car salesmen
- Running a multi-teacher studio efficiently
- Create new business models for the voice world and shake up a whole system
SpeakEasy Cooperative Membership Includes…
Food for thought: the average cost of voice lessons in the United States is $60 an hour.
The SpeakEasy Cooperative was built so that independent voice entreprenuers from every market could invest the revenue from less than one lesson back into their own education and co-working space.
Your investment of $69 per month includes:
- SPONTANEOUS KNOWLEDGE DROPS + TRUTH BOMBS FROM YOURS TRULY
- Got questions about pricing, business models, and the specific judo moves you need to turn your students into the best clients a voice biz could ever hope for?
I’ve learned so much in my 20+ years of experience in running an independent voice studio, providing business coaching, and mentoring teachers–and I regularly drop that wisdom into the group. Like, multiple times a week. (Oh, who am I kidding? Multiple times a day.)
- VIRTUAL COCKTAIL PARTIES + CHAMPAGNE BRUNCHES
- The continuing education piece. Learn from and teach your fellow SpeakEasy Coop members in an interactive video setting. Post-lesson, it’s just party time. Bring your martini, mimosa, or cup of hot chocolate! Come when you can, leave when you must.
There’s one party and one brunch per month. I have the connections, so we also hear from leaders in our field. Past speakers include Sarah Whitten of Seeing the Whole Singer, Shannon Larkins of Black Coffee Studio Luxury Brands, Wendy LeBorgne of The Vocal Athlete, Jenn Whinnem of Obsession Eleven Copyrighting, Kenneth Bozeman, Mary Saunders Barton, Meribeth Dayme (She is with us always), and many more!
Topics of past VCP/B’ include “Canva for the Clueless”, “Triple Turns to Triple Threats”, “How to Effectively Co-Teach”, “Alignment vs. Posture in the Singer”, “Branding Basics”… and you’ll get access to them!
- THE SPEAKEASY COOPERATIVE LOBBY (CLOSED FACEBOOK GROUP)
- The Lobby is for saying hello and how-do-you-do and all that jazz. Um, yes pun totally intended. Not open to the public. But don’t loiter for too long – the real party’s in the SpeakEasy Coop itself.
Sometimes you need to blow off steam just laugh with your kindred minds, amiright? Boop on over to the group and do so!
- DAILY HANGOUTS IN THE ACTUAL SPEAKEASY COOPERATIVE (SLACK WORKSPACE*)
- SECO is always open! This is where we dig deep and get to work. Our very own Slack workspace* lets us have multiple ongoing conversations. Ask questions, post article PDFs, join the book club, and share our own videos.
This paid interface allows for curation of topics, conversations, and resources that few platforms can. YOU WILL LURV IT.
*Do you have no idea what Slack is? Don’t worry, we’ll teach you! And you will NEVER GO BACK to “working” in Facebook again!*
- THE NUMBER ONE PERK (IMHO)
- A Co-Op Community of folks with buy-in, ready to invest in growing one another, and offer their expertise and honest advice, with no judgment, and all love. People who get you, get your goals, share your goals, and have been there to tell you that you can too.
Being an entrepreneur is lonely. Being an indy voice person is lonely. Put that together and it’s a lot of lonely. The research behind what happens when groups come together for a common goal and mission is clearer than Pepsi circa 1992.
We solemnly swear to be beta testers and bounce-ideas-off-of-me-ers. That’s a thing, promise.
- BONUS: EXCLUSIVE MEMBER RATES
- We can’t share too many details here, but all SpeakEasy Cooperative members can take advantage of exclusive rates offered by yours truly as well as invited Cocktail Party + Champagne Brunch guests! One wonderful guest offered her $1500 class to us for only $500. Now that’s abundance, savvy, and growth.